Saturday

Refinishing


I found that items were being sold very cheap when they needed work and since I was going to redo most of it, I didn’t care. I bought a small round table on a three leg pedestal base. The legs needed tightening all the corners needed wood filler. I don’t have wood furniture in my house so I decided to paint it black and I find that what looks best is satin or semi-gloss finishes on painted wood. The top I sponged in tan, beige, white and a drizzle of black. I then sprayed it with a high gloss spray sealer. It really looks great. Oh, I only paid $2.00

I bought a coffee table with a wooden frame that needed work and a gorgeous solid marble top in beiges. I paid $15.00, so it was definitely worth putting some work into it. First I washed it all down outside with a hose. I then filled in all the areas that needed it with wood filler and made sure the four legs were secure and then painted it black. It now has a new look that fits in perfectly. I will now sell my old coffee table.

I was looking to put a small table in my upstairs bathroom, and I found just the right one and it only cost $8.00. Again I fixed the gaps, tightened the legs and painted it also black. It came with a tarnished one piece Colonial handle. I replaced it with two large pewter knobs. It now has a new and wonderful look. You would never know that these three tables were the same tables that I originally bought. If you have wood furniture in your home and want to keep the wood pieces in a wood finish, then just clean up the wood and re-stain the piece in the same or a darker finish. A lighter stain won’t take over a darker one. Finish it off with a satin or semi-gloss polyurethane finish.

No comments: