Tuesday

Getting Started

It’s endless as to what you can do with what you find at yard and garage sales. There are many, many ways of utilizing these “Priceless” first and second hand finds. It’s like going on a treasure hunt. You never know what you will find. It is fast becoming a national pastime.

I enjoy going to areas or neighborhoods that I have never been to. I find it turns it into an adventure for me. I have found many areas I never knew existed and some of them were very upscale homes nestled in the woods or on the water. I thought I was in a different City, upstate or in the country. (I felt like I was sightseeing at the same time)But that doesn’t mean you can’t find great bargains in your local areas. Some of my greatest finds where found practically next door.

If you have an open mind and an imagination there is no end to what you can find and what you can do with what you find. I will try and walk you through it the best I can.

Some people make a business out of it, getting their “precious stuff” together several times a year to make some extra money over the weekend. Others sell what they buy on EBay, or at their own yard sale or even advertising in their local news tabloids. There are a lot of local papers, like my own that let you advertise for free if the item is under $100.00

Others like myself like to buy and buy and buy. Unlike a retail store, if you see something you like you can afford to buy it. Also keep in mind what you will need in the near future such as holidays, birthdays, baby gifts or just a gift in general. I have given a friend a crystal candy dish when I have gone to their house instead of a cake and it cost me half the price of a cake. These gifts that I buy are always new and come in their original boxes. I have bought toys, games, baby items, leather hand bags, all kinds of holiday items and even silver jewelry. I found for myself two high end name brand watches for $2.50 each that are worth over $200.00 and all they needed was batteries. The end result is that I saved a lot of money.

No comments: